Do I Need a Lawyer for a DUI? | GRL Law Firm
- Do you want to go to jail?
- Do you want to have a criminal conviction on your record for the rest of your life?
- Do you want to pay the highest mandatory minimum fine of any criminal offense in the state of Iowa?
- Do you want to lose your driver's license?
- Do you want to lose your job?
- Do you want to lose your ability to possess a firearm for about a year?
- Do you want to be barred from going to Canada ever again?
If the answer to all of those questions is yes, you don't need a lawyer you can do it on your own. But if your answer to any of those questions is no, then absolutely, 100 percent this is a criminal charge with mandatory jail time, mandatory fines, mandatory license suspensions that stay on your record forever, you need a lawyer.